Friday, April 06, 2007

Assignment blues.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Highlighter? Check.
Coffee? Check.
Jordan games for motivation? Check.
Mirror to check if bald spot's getting bigger? Check.

This is definitely one of the tougher units in the course so far. It's question based and there are no suggested texts to read (at least I don't have to blow another $100+ on a text book), just some legislations and a whole bunch of cases where I have to extract the relevant arguments and judgements to back my answer. There are 24 questions in the unit. We go through 2 questions in each lecture and there is an average of 10 cases for each question. 10 cases! 240 cases in the unit and it's a closed book exam! Maybe I should start tattooing some points on my arms like Michael Scofield in Prison Break. Anyway, a lot of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, just how strong one's argument is. Maybe that's what frustrates me so much. No wait, some of the language the 'Lords' used in like 1903 frustrates me even more! Was the word, 'fuck' invented then? Because after reading 3 pages of reasoning, I think what they're trying to say is, 'Thou art fucked'.

What looks like shit, smells like shit, tastes like shit and feels like shit should usually be shit! But if it goes to the court, shit can sometimes turn into wakami sushi.

Mmmmmm...wakami sushi...

Man! No wonder they say good lawyers are usually good bullshitters too.

One thing's for sure, I find that I've learned a lot in terms of logical thinking and deductive reasoning. Sometimes, it drives me nuts because you're in 2 minds with some questions and both arguments for and against the subject matter is concrete but you can only have 1 answer. There is no 'draw'. That's when I think I am about to develop some split personality disorder or something because one minute I might think that the decision should be this but the next minute, I'm sure that it's another. I definitely don't like it when there is no correct answer to a question. Unfortunately, that's where a lot of the world's problems lie. The grey area.



*Pic taken with Sony Ericsson K800. Not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Free counter and web stats