Friday, July 28, 2006

WTF #1



It has been a while since I've had to buy a textbook. Little did I know that these days, walking into a bookshop is like walking into a high-fashion boutique like Prada or LV. At least, when I go into these places, I am prepared to be shocked by the prices that are as long as the numbers at the bottom of their barcode. Maybe even crack a wise joke on why they insist on using the rupiah as currency. But never in my life did I think my friggin' textbook would cost $160! That's like RM$450! A whole month's wage for some people. Man! Screw wearing designer outfits to show off. Next time, just carry a few textbooks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

You gotta have your word verification enabled, otherwise you get spam like the above..

Books are expensive because of the copyright royalties and printing costs in the US. Anyway, google for 2nd hand books and book exchanges. They're much cheaper.

flaminglambo said...

Thanks.

Free counter and web stats